Constantia Consulting’s director, Neil Gilbert, has a PhD in Antarctic near-shore marine ecology. Neil has experience of Antarctic logistics and operations having managed two Antarctic research stations. He also has extensive international policy experience in all elements of the Antarctic Treaty System, which has included four years as Chair of the Committee for Environmental Protection. This significant experience in Antarctic matters ensures Constantia Consulting is uniquely positioned to provide the very best advice and support.
Rebecca Roper-Gee has an MSc in Resource Management, specialising in Antarctic state of the environment reporting. She spent 12 years working in two different National Antarctic Programmes, setting up and supporting their Environmental Management Systems and undertaking Environmental Impact Assessments and Antarctic Specially Protected Area and Specially Managed Area management plan reviews.
In particular we can:
- Advise National Antarctic Programmes and other operators on practical measures to meet or exceed the various provisions of the Environmental Protocol to the Antarctic Treaty
- Prepare high quality, well researched Initial and Comprehensive Environmental Evaluations on behalf of operators to meet national and international requirements
- Undertake environmental and health & safety risk assessments for Antarctic activities, prepare risk management plans and advise on appropriate mitigation measures
- Assist with the development of Antarctic relevant health & safety management systems
- Review existing, or assist in the development of new Antarctic Specially Protected or Specially Managed Area management plans
- Develop Antarctic oil spill prevention and response strategies
- Undertake non-native species risk assessments and assist with the development of prevention strategies
- Design and support the implementation of environmental monitoring programmes
- Support research and teaching on Antarctic governance and environmental management and assist with the design and implementation of technical workshops and symposia